The Junction Public School has an excellent reputation for its Instrumental Program. This is an extra-curricular activity that is paid for by parents and happens outside of regular school hours.
We currently have 3 Bands and 3 Ensembles
- Primary (mostly beginners from Year 3 but all are welcome)
- Concert (mainly Year 4 students who have had one year in band)
- Premier (our senior students from Years 5 and 6)
- Percussion (made up of percussionists from the 3 bands)
- String Ensemble (violins and cellos)
- Jazz Band (Senior students who show an interest – this is an extra rehearsal within a lunch time)
Any student in Years 3-6 is eligible to join our ensembles. No prior musical experience is necessary to join our Primary band or String Ensemble. An expression of interest and instrument allocations happen late in Term 3/4 for our beginning musicians. Students new to our school with musical experience are welcome to audition for other band ensembles. All band members receive private music tuition, once a week. Rehearsals are twice a week, before or after school. Quality instruments are available for hire through our school at a very low cost. Ensemble members are required to prioritise attendance at rehearsals and all performances.